Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! After Bart and I spent our Anniversary at a condo in Park City, we decided to use the rest of the gift certificate to rent another condo for our whole family. We did this over Thanksgiving weekend and it was incredible!

Although the decorations were not my taste exactly, the layout was absolutely perfect! Just right for our little family. We had two bedrooms, one upstairs with a bunk bed, and the Master Suite on the main floor.

The main room was spacious and easy to move around each other in. The kids had a blast running around and playing together. I loved all the cooking and time in the kitchen. Bart soaked up the down time and marveled at the -4 degree weather outside.

I forgot to take pictures of the beautiful, magazine worthy food, BEFORE we started eating it. So, you get the left-overs! Enjoy!


The kitchen was just spacious enough for me to be able to cook a full Thanksgiving meal for a small group.

Alex hung out and explored the space all weekend.

Genny had a great time helping Mom cook the food!

Anna had a great time helping herself EAT the food!


Instead of a full turkey, I did a large turkey breast. I used fresh herbs from my garden, along with some dried herbs, which I mixed into some butter and spread between the skin and meat of the breast. It turned out beautifully moist and delicious! I was so proud of myself!

I made my mom's stuffing recipe. My FAVORITE Thanksgiving dish! Thanks Mom!

A Must Have for me at holiday dinners is green bean casserole. I just LOVE those fried onions!

Freshly grated garlic and some heavy cream mixed perfectly into the mashed potatoes. YUMM!

The Rolls almost didn't make it to the table! (One of the traditions I'm trying to keep up from my side of the family.)

Dessert baked the night before! They were so yummy with vanilla ice cream and fresh whipped cream.

Some Orange Jell-O and Butterscotch pudding finished off the desserts, and pickles were served on the side of the meal. We all had over stuffed tummies and happy taste-buds!

We spent the time we weren't eating: snacking, watching tv, playing games, and napping.

It was a heavenly weekend! I hope yours was too!

No comments: